četrtek, 3. februar 2011

VISIT TO LAKERCRAFT







Today I visited the master boatbuilder Anže Logar and his company Lakercraft, where he is currently building a wooden river boat for transport of up to 60 passangers.
The boat will be used on Ljubljanica river which lazily sweeps trough the capitol city of Slovenia-Ljubljana. The level of workmaship and the quality of construction is on a very high level, and besides that, Anže also designed the boat, and made all the plans for it. No wonder if we know that he finished the 3 year study program for boatbuilding in Finland in one year, and he also has a previous wood engineering degree from University of Ljubljana. From the moment you step in the workshop, you can feel his passion for wooden crafts.
Today he was covering the bottom of the boat with fiberglass & epoxy, and I invited myself, to see how he does it, and learn something. It was very interesting, and I even tried to apply some epoxy to fiberglass fabric under his guidance, and the process now seems much less intimidating.
Anže really is a super nice guy, he builds great crafts, and he is willing to share the information and the knowledge he's got ( altough sometimes I have to remind him to use less tech languge with me, as I am far from engineering:) ). I must stop by his shop more often! So it was a very fun day in great company!
And of course I came home very motivated and finished sanding the hull, and if all goes well, tommorow I will glass it!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar