torek, 1. februar 2011

PREACOATING WITH EPOXY





I decided to do a precoat with epoxy, which basically means that you put on the canoe one coat of epoxy. The reasoning behind this is that the precoat seals the wood, and enables easier work when applying the fiberglas cloth, as when the wood is sealed, there is less chance of air bubbles forming underneath the glass fabric. Now it has to cure for at least 24h, and then I will sand it with 180 grit paper (to provide a good mechanical bond beetwen precoat and fiberglass), and after that, Anze Logar from Lakercraft will come by and show me a few tricks on how to work with fiberglass. To tell you the truth, I would like to leave the canoe as it is ( it looks nice to me, and I admit that I spent propably close to an hour in the workshop today just looking at it), as I feel nervous about the fiberglass laying process. But the best cure for that is to start right away, and if all goes well the outer side of the canoe should be done in one week. Exciting stage of the project for sure!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar