sreda, 8. december 2010

One side almost finished



The current weather supports my project, as it is either raining or snowing, so it is nice to stay in a warm workshop.
Yesterday I have visited a professional boatbuilder, Mr. Anže Logar, he also built a couple of canoes, but he mostly builds much bigger boats. He finished a professional boatbuilders school in Norway (if I remember correctly), and he really helped me with his advice and even offered to show me how to work with epoxi when the time comes-Thank you Anže!!!
He has one canoe hull, waiting for completion, and it is beautiful! You can check his work on www.lakercraft.com.He gave me some invaluable advice for choosing the right epoxi and fiberglass fabric, and it was also motivational to see a finished hull, so I stayed in the shop until the morning hours and almost completed planking on one side of the hull. It is really hard to describe the feeling of building it, but the hours just fly by in the workshop!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar