ponedeljek, 13. december 2010

Installing the outside stems





The outside stems were laminated from strips of ash wood before the strongback was even set, and now it was time to install them permanently on the canoe. For the bond I have used epoxy glue mixed with fine sawdust, and screws & clamps to hold the stem in place until the epoxy hardens. The screw holes will later be filled with wood, machined to fit in the holes.
Since I had some epoxy leftover I decide to try how the name I chose for the canoe would look on it. I printed the name on 1 layer of tissue paper, that I attached to normal paper (A4 size) to serve as a base. After that I cut the tissue paper away, and put it on the wood and covered with epoxy. I also tried covering some dried leaves with epoxy, and I will see how that turns out, as I have some ideas how to use that on the boat.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar