sreda, 16. marec 2011

Installing the decks







After I have installed the gunnels it was time to instal the decks, and then finish the inside with one more coat of epoxy (after a lot of sanding the less then perfect glassing job on the inside). Just to be on the safe side, I sealed the gunnels and the decks with epoxy also. I decided not to finish the outwales at the bow and stern with a cut off, but rather to make them wrap around, it just looks much smoother to me, But this is just a matter of personal preference, just as are the ash inserts that I added on the outwales, to cover the screws (actually I don't think that the screws are really needed, the epoxy glue is strong enough, but they were a good excuse for the ash inserts, that add a nice nautical touch).
The seats were also installed and checked for fit, and then removed again, and they will come on when all the rest is finished. The decks that are a combination of walnut and ash, came out really nice, and after the final epoxy coat, the boat looks much nicer then I expected at the beginning of the project. Before I put the PU paint on the inside, I will do a light sanding of epoxy, but for that I need the epoxy to fully cure, so the next couple of days will be spent sanding and polishing the outside.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar